The History of Supremacy Funerals and our Family
We are proudly three generations of funeral directors
The story of Supremacy Funerals begins with Yvonne Meehan, Belinda and Donna’s mother, starting her passion for the funeral industry working as a funeral director for a large company. During her working years, Yvonne officially “opened” the building we are now located in as a funeral home (98 Station Street Penrith). This building is also heritage listed and is now known as one of Penrith’s most iconic historical buildings.
After serving the Penrith area for quite some time, Yvonne decided to open her own business as a funeral director in Emu Plains serving the Blue Mountains and surrounds. This was widely known as “Lady of Grace Funerals” and Yvonne built a wide network during her time as the business owner of her Emu Plains Funeral Home.
Belinda and Donna began working for their mother at Lady of Grace Funerals an the family operated quite successfully for many years.
After some time, Yvonne retired and sold the business to an external group, which Belinda and Donna continued to work for some time, before starting their own adventure together.
In 2014 Donna and Belinda bought an existing business in Penrith, John Price and Sons Funeral Home. This funeral parlour had been operating since 1952, but the business was one of the oldest businesses in Penrith, establishing on High Street in 1855.
Belinda and Donna changed the name to Supremacy Funerals to keep in tradition of the heritage business and to also update the name to suit what they believed in, which was to offer superior funeral care to all families.
Belinda and Donna are passionate about their business, and this carried through to Belinda’s daughter, Fiona, whom also is a young funeral director starting her career in the funeral industry. Together with their families, they continue to serve the community and provide beautiful funeral services for all religions and cultures.
Unfortunately, the Penrith Council had other plans for the funeral parlour, which meant that Belinda and Donna had to relocate their business.
Starting 2020 with a fresh start, at our current location on 98 Station Street Penrith, only a short walk from their previous site.
As a turn of events, the building Belinda and Donna work from now, is the same building that their mother worked in all those years ago when she officially opened it as a funeral home.
Together, Yvonne, Donna, Belinda and Fiona are three generations of funeral directors.
bottom left: 98 Station Street Penrith (our current site) also a heritage listed building.
Bottom right: 44 Station Street Penrith, established 1855 as John Price and Sons, building built in 1952 – demolished in 2020